1. Everybody enjoys seeing the fruits of their labour. Incentives always plays a vital role when dealing with people for getting work done. Users prefer emails that are of interest and will add value to themselves. Offering incentives to your email audience is a good option, for example getting a client to check your latest new offers on your website and extending discount vouchers to them for doing so.
2. Write and send emails with content that is worthy of being read. Be it your Mailing lists / Friends/ Family, everyone likes to read an interesting piece of information. Send newsletters and articles that persuade your users to pass it on to their friends and other social or business circles.
3. Having great content is useless if there is no call to action. Emails must focus on encouraging people to at least handover their details or register for an enquiry. Use referral schemes, reward points or gifts to persuade people to act on a call for action. Also, have your sign up option and promotions on your web page clearly displayed.
4. Ensure you provide various options. If you deal in beauty products, for example, then send email catering products for men and women along with ways to stylise with your basic product list. This helps in connecting with your audience as they would consider the email beneficial by offering more than just a product.
5. Host offline events, shows and promotions. Be proactive and always engage your email marketing list, this helps people discuss and promote your business both online and offline.